Get the Facts
- Hotel: 333 guest rooms, 20,000 SF of Meeting Space, as well as a fitness room, pool and club room.
- Apartments: 218 residential units with 19,000 SF of main floor retail.
- Office: 25,000 SF with 20,000 SF of main floor retail.
- Another unique retail building with 21,000 SF.
- The Capitol District will be a unique area that is designed by Lamp Rynearson. This outdoor area has been expertly designed to be an intimate space for direct access of the mixed uses surrounding, however it will be flexible and provide the proper infrastructure for large events, as well as programming to serve large-scale events. The Capitol District Marriott Hotel ballroom has been positioned to allow for access to The Plaza to provide further connection and synergy.
- Over 1,700 jobs that are related to construction and future operations of the Hotel with the average employee earnings projection around $32,000/year.
- Hotel Guests Inflation-adjusted projected first-year spending of $15,540,095 outside the hotel in the local economy.
Wondering why we misspelled Capital or what you can expect from the new development? Check out our FAQs.
- Is this going to be the best thing to happen to Downtown Omaha since the Localmotive food truck?
- There's a rumor going around that I'll be able to bar hop within The Capitol District… without putting down my drink. Is there truth to this?
- Will I be able to combat last night's overindulgences with recreational trails and soothing green spaces?
- You bet!
- I hear that Omaha is the darling of a bunch of national magazines and websites… is this true?
- Yes. Omaha was rated "One of the 10 Best Cities for Millennials Right Now" by The Atlantic Wire and has appeared on many other top-ten lists.
- If I need to get out of town quickly (don't ask). Is it easy to get to the airport?
- Absolutely! Eppley Airfield is just minutes away from downtown.
- I've heard that Omaha is nothing but cows and corn. Is this true?
- Absolutely not. In fact, we have a vibrant arts and music scene, one of the nation's best zoos and a bunch of great museums. Not to mention all the great restaurants and vibrant nightlife.
Shamrock Development would like to thank our partners.
For media inquiries or more information, please fill out the below contact form.